Building & Dilapidation Surveys

Commercial Building


Whether you are a tenant about to renew, sign or finish a lease or a landlord wishing to sell your commercial property, you should always get a commercial surveyor board. This is to ensure the transaction runs smoothly and most importantly to ensure you are protecting your investment.

Commercial EPC
Carrying out a

RICS Valuation

Our commercial surveyors are RICS regulated and come with the support of a fantastic administration team, including our quality control and audit team who will ensure your report is perfectly presented.

.  Investors
.  Landlords
.  Lease renewal
.  SIP
.  Insurance
.  Will
.  Matrimonial



An Energy Performance Certificate is required for properties when constructed, sold or let. The Energy Performance Certificate provides details on the energy performance of the property and what you can do to improve it.

Buildings that don’t need an EPC
These include:
places of worship
temporary buildings that will be used for less than 2 years
stand-alone buildings with total useful floor space of less than 50 square metres
industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that don’t use a lot of energy
some buildings that are due to be demolished
holiday accommodation that’s rented out for less than 4 months a year or is let under a licence to occupy
listed buildings – you should get advice from your local authority conservation officer if the work would alter the building’s character
residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year


Specific Defect Analysis

Suitable for both home owners or purchasers simply wishing for advice/guidance upon any individual building defect or maintenance matter. Carried out by one of our fully qualified Chartered Surveyors/ Building Engineers the report will be tailored to a clients specific needs providing detailed information upon cause, damage and rectification along with cost implications.

Schedule of Condition Reports

Principally used for compiling planned/reactive maintenance schedules for use with large residential flat developments or for residential/commercial landlords. These reports can form part of a tenancy agreement for referral upon lease termination and upon compilation of a Schedule of Dilapidations by commercial landlords.
Carried out by one of our fully qualified RICS Surveyors/ Building Engineers the report will detail the condition of every element of the property/development both externally and internally if required including a full photographic appendix for ease of reference. Always recommended for both residential and commercial landlords to avoid costly disputes.

This report is needed if you are about to sign a new lease. It is in your best interest to commission commercial surveyors to take a good look at the property and provide details of its condition to you. This might save you thousands in repair costs and may even be included in the lease to limit your future repair liabilities. This report may be commissioned by the current owner or the lessee when they are planning to start a new lease and will help to ensure the property is returned in the same condition at the end of the lease, it also contains full photographic evidence.

Commercial Building Survey – if you are planning to purchase a commercial property, it is advisable to get a full survey before you enter negotiations to ensure you know what you are investing your money in. A building survey will detail all the repairs needed together with advice on potential costs involved

The new regulations apply to Non-domestic property, defined by the Energy Act 2011 as any property let on a tenancy, which is not a dwelling. All commercial property types from A1 – D2 usage class are in scope of the regulations, with the exception of those excluded from existing Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) regulations.

1 April 2018
It will be unlawful to grant new leases of residential or commercial property with an EPC rating below an ‘E’
1 April 2023
This will be extended to include ALL existing commercial leases.
All properties rented now need to be an E or above to be legally rented

Contact Us For A RICS Valuation And Or An EPC!

Get in touch and have the peace of mind that your are in good hands!

Contact Us